Pesticide Action Network (PAN) is seeking an Office Administrator to provide administrative support to the staff of PAN and our sister project, Californians for Pesticide Reform, in our downtown Berkeley office. The position is 60% time (24 hours/week) with a flexible schedule. We are looking for an energetic person who enjoys problem-solving and helping others, thrives in a collaborative workplace, and likes wearing different hats. People of color and people who have roots in, or experience working with, agricultural or rural communities are particularly encouraged to apply.
PAN works to create a just, thriving food system, working with those on the frontlines—farmers, farmworkers, families with young children, Native people and rural communities—to tackle the health, economic, and environmental problems created by our industrialized system of food and farming. We are part of a global network that works to reclaim the future of food and farming from corporate interests. Our organizational values are here: http://www.panna.org/about-us/mission-values.
● Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to interact professionally with staff, board members and the general public
● Outstanding organizational skills
● Ability to multi-task, be flexible and support the needs of various staff members
● A strong customer-service orientation and an appetite for continued learning
● Enthusiasm to learn new computer/online skills combined with strong MS Office and research skills; database skills a plus/p>
● A commitment to racial, economic, environmental and social justice
● Ability to lift up to 20 lbs
● At least one year of relevant experience
● Proficiency in Spanish is preferred
● First-hand life experience with agricultural and rural communities is a plus/p>
● General reception duties (phone and in-person); answer basic questions on PAN’s programs, and route callers to the appropriate staff person as needed
● Handle incoming and outgoing mail; prepare informational packets for general public; manage the general PAN information email account
● Maintain office appearance; coordinate kitchen clean-up and janitorial service
● Assist with processing bank deposits and donor records
● Provide logistical support for staff and board meetings (set up meeting space, order food, make housing and transportation arrangements, etc.)
● Maintain office systems & equipment (copier, phones, postage meter, etc.) and liaise with outside vendors; keep supplies stocked
● Assist with human resources management and recordkeeping
● Support special events and projects as they arise
$18-20/hr, depending on experience
PAN offers an extensive benefits package, including subsidized health, dental and vision insurance, a 403(b) retirement plan, vacation and sick leave, and flexible scheduling.
Submit a letter of application describing your specific interest in and qualifications for this position plus your desired hourly rate, and a resume to email@example.com, and include “Office Admin” in the subject line. The position is available Feb 9th and is open until filled. Selection of candidates for interview is ongoing.
PAN embraces diversity and is actively committed to increasing diversity among our staff, board and volunteers. We are seeking individuals from a wide variety of ethnic, racial and social backgrounds for this position. We strongly encourage people of color or with roots in other countries or cultures to apply. PAN does not discriminate against applicants or employees for reasons of race, color, disability, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, prior conviction or incarceration, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status or age.