WASHINGTON, DC — National Family Farm Coalition and Pesticide Action Network will host Farmers for a Green New Deal: An Online Forum on Wednesday, April 24 at 2PM ET. Press and interested parties can RSVP at www.panna.org/nffcGND. Through the Green New Deal, farmers are calling for policies that put power back in the hands of the people and communities growing food. Join the April 24th online forum to learn more about these proposals from farmers.
WHAT: Farmers for a Green New Deal: An Online Forum
WHEN: Wednesday, April 24 at 2PM ET
WHERE: RSVP for online forum access link: www.panna.org/nffcGND
WHO: Panelists include:
- Patti Naylor (Iowa organic farmer, Family Farm Defenders & National Family Farm Coalition)
- Dr. Gail Myers (Farms to Grow, Inc., National Black Food & Justice Alliance member)
- Carl Wassilie (farmer and fisherman, Alaska’s Big Village Network, Family Farm Defenders)
- Anna Hankins (eastern Iowa beginning farmer and farm advocate)
- Ahna Kruzic (moderator, Pesticide Action Network)
The Green New Deal calls for zeroing out greenhouse gas emissions by 2030 “through a fair and just transition for all communities and workers.” Farmers for a Green New Deal will feature farmers’ solutions toward a just transition to a carbon-neutral US.